Breakfast - the easy way
I posted heavily yellowed photos of some good eats over two years ago. Even with the poor photo quality, people could see that my muffins were something to behold. It was probably dead of winter (I didn't check) when I first shared #TheTeenager's fav breakfast muffins. My solution to the him running out of the house with something cold or nothing at all before school. Our mornings were/are frenzied, no matter how early we wake - 5:00 means NOTHING to our body clocks.
A particular friend of mine called me out about not posting the recipe. I mentioned that I'd get it up in a few days or so. Two years later...
INGREDIENTS and TOOLS
- 20 oz. seasoned and grated potatoes - cheat and buy the ones at the market.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ c shredded mozzarella and swiss cheeses (toss to mix)
- 1 package of your fav bacon, cooked till crispy
- Muffin tin (I use minis because there is such a thing as too much of a good thing)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lay bacon vertically on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy
- While bacon cooks, grease mini muffin tins with your preferred method. I used Pam. She my girl.
- Combine potatoes, eggs, and cheese in large bowl, set aside
- Remove bacon from oven - I take this opportunity to grind fresh black pepper one the still hot bacon
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add bacon slices two at a time into potato mixture, using a fork crunch pieces until combined well
- Use a spoon to scoop mixture into muffin tin, fill each to the top and pat down with back of spoon
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until firm
- Remove from oven and let cool - if you don't, they will come out crumbly.
There it is. Easy peezy breakfast on the go. Never mind that my child has already eaten half and it's 8:00 PM on a Sunday. This recipe is perfect for small kids and people on the go - anyone who wants to try something different can use this as your base. Sub out bacon for sausage, switch up your cheeses, add onions, peppers whatever - make this your own! #MangoEats