Weeknight Quickies: String Beans
It's the middle of the week and you've thawed out a meat and you know that something "healthy" should be on the side. Here's an introduction to what will be a weekly contribution to MangoEats appropriately dubbed "Weeknight Quickies". I will try to keep the ingredient list to 8 items or less and aim for items you may already have in your fridge or pantry.
Bon appetit folks! #MangoEats
- 1 lb. string beans (washed, dried and ends snipped)
- ½ tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. toasted walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Half a lemon
- Over medium heat, warm your EVOO
- Add minced shallots and cook until translucent.
- Add green beans (do not overcook, you still want a bit of crunch), add nuts once cooked to your preference.
- Lower heat, squeeze lemon half over pan and toss
- Season to your preference with salt and pepper
Crunchy green goodness!